|Copyright: Aimilios Petrou (aimilios)
|Date Taken: 2006-07-16|
|Exposure: f/5.0, 1/1000 seconds|
|More Photo Info: [view]|
|Photo Version: Original Version|
|Theme(s): Clocks [view contributor(s)]|
|Date Submitted: 2007-02-24 2:16|
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
|TOWN SQUARE CLOCK|
Location: CENTRAL SQUARE – IOANNINA
Centure: 1905 – 1925
Built by the architect Periklis Melirritos of Ioannina in 1905 as a gift of the city of Ioannina to the Sultan Abdul Hamit. It used to be in the center of the town square. In 1918 it was dismantled and relocated to the N.E. corner of the square in 1925. It has a Venetian bell.
Only registered TrekLens members may rate photo notes.