|Intro:||I have been a film photographer for 40 years and am a retired member of the National Press Photographers Association. Much of my newer works can be seen at my website:|
Fuji Finepix S2 pro
Leica D-LUX 2
YashicaMat 124 G
AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
SIGMA 28-70mm 1:2.8-4 DG
Feel free to be critical. I can rationalize most of my mistakes by just being a novice in editing software and still sticking to NPPA guidelines of "what you see in the viewfinder is your shot". They really mean it too. They don't like members to manipulate much.....
If I "talk back" about a critique...DO NOT feel badly. It is ok too. It doesn't mean more than there are more than one way to look at things...
NPPA Code of Ethics:
1. Strive to ensure that the publics business is conducted in public. Defend the rights of access for all journalists.
2. Think proactively, as a student of psychology, sociology, politics and art to develop a unique vision and presentation. Work with a voracious appetite for current events and contemporary visual media.
3. Strive for total and unrestricted access to subjects, recommend alternatives to shallow or rushed opportunities, seek a diversity of viewpoints, and work to show unpopular or unnoticed points of view.
4. Avoid political, civic and business involvements or other employment that compromise or give the appearance of compromising one's own journalistic independence.
5. Strive to be unobtrusive and humble in dealing with subjects.
6. Respect the integrity of the photographic moment.
7. Strive by example and influence to maintain the spirit and high standards expressed in this code. When confronted with situations in which the proper action is not clear, seek the counsel of those who exhibit the highest standards of the profession. Photojournalists should continuously study their craft and the ethics that guide it.
See you online!
|Camera:||Fuji Finepix S1 Pro, Leica Digilux 2, Nikon D-50|
|Note:||Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer
eqshannon is a favorite of 14 members.
|Favorites:||45 members [view photos] [read critiques] · 5 photos|
The Bird (4)
Dog Shopping? (10)